Friday, May 3, 2013

Picket Fence - Part 2

This tiny pile of wood is all that remains of the lumber for the picket fence project.  After a fierce evening of work, Better Half and I finished the picket fence, and the marriage survived intact, though there were several occasions when nerves became frayed and tempers short.  See Picket Fence Part 1.
 

A new gate will be built for the fence some day, but, for now, the original gate built by my dad and me will grace the garden. 


The long view of the fence. Just like a brand new pair of sneakers in need of a little dirt, the fence is in need of a little weathering.  It fairly shines in its newness.  






Better Half was careful to replace the horseshoe and bailing twine which adorned the old fence.


Flowers always dress up any space.  It was when I took this photo that I know I will come to love the new fence. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found simply the information I already searched all over the place and simply could not come across. What a perfect web site.Good Blog sir... your blog is very helpful.. I am happy to find this post very useful for me, as it contains lot of information.decks toronto

    ReplyDelete