Monday, September 8, 2014

Summer 2014

Here it is already September, and I've barely written a word all summer, though not for lack of subject material, creative endeavors, or interesting events and encounters.  There has simply not been time.  It is not possible for me to dash off a quick post, with a couple of bad photos and call it a day.  No, each photo and word I write must be carefully chosen, edited, weighed, and rewritten.  All of that choosing, editing, weighing and rewriting takes precious time, a commodity in short supply since June.  In that respect, blogging is a luxury.

Summer began with a foray into the world of the Farmer's Market.  My brother, sister-in-law, and I sowed seeds in the community garden.  It looked as though a good summer was in store.   A planned 10 day vacation to New England to sight-see and reconnect with a long-lost friend was cancelled when an unexpected death occurred in my family.   Baby projects for my grandson expected in August, along with wedding plans for September then began to fill my days, until my dad suffered an injury, requiring hospitalization, surgery, and extended rehabilitation.  It seems like a year or more of life has been played out in the past three months.

Today, Baby Grandson celebrated his two week birthday, Ivie and Sister Golden Hair celebrated their second full day of marriage, and my dad returned to his beloved home after his lengthy ordeal. The garden harvest has been bountiful, and the Farmer's Market experience has buoyed my days.  A certain peace pervades my spirit this evening.  There have been many, many highs and lows this summer.  It is nice to think that perhaps the ship has righted itself and will remain on an even keel for a while, at least.

















So glad you are home, Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment