Tuesday, January 3, 2017

A New Year . . . A Fresh (and Organized) Start

The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year.
 It is that we should have a new soul and a new nose; 
new feet, a new backbone, new ears, and new eyes. 
Unless a particular man made New Year resolutions, he would make no resolutions. 
Unless a man starts afresh about things, he will certainly do nothing effective. 

Gilbert K. Chesterton

In the spirit of starting fresh, I set about ordering my workshop, a tiny little gem of a room tucked away in the corner of the basement.  My poor little sanctuary had suffered mightily from Halloween to Christmas.  I am way better at planning, creating, and doing, than I am at cleaning up afterwards.  It was way past time to clean, organize and purge.  The results were even better than I imagined.  I now look for reasons to head to the workshop.  








 Starting afresh in the workshop has already given me inspiration for 2017. 
More to come as inspiration progresses.


No comments:

Post a Comment