Monday, June 21, 2010

Oh Deer!



This WAS the edge of my daylily bed just a few days ago. Today, the deer, which have a regular path across the North Forty, decimated this corner of the garden. They also helped themselves to green bean and sweet potato leaves. On this, the first day of summer, I am sad. The deer are wearing me out. Their appetites and numbers grow each year. I spray regularly, alternately using a pepper based spray and Plantskydd. Both are effective, but only for so long, given the monsoon season southern Ohio is enjoying this year. My husband has suggested an electric fence. I've seen some very inconspicuous ones, but I don't know how I feel about turning my beloved yard into an electrified compound. I could plant deer resistant plants, but I don't much like most of them. Hopefully, I've bought a couple of days worth of respite from their gnawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment