Thursday, June 17, 2010

Projects

This evening I am tired. I worked, with my son, Stuart, hanging greenboard on the ceiling of the new shower enclosure in the bathroom of his home. He's purchased a lovely old cottage with Tudor characteristics, big on character, short on amenities. The bathroom, formerly cloaked in light blue/aqua metal tile with dark burgundy accents, is no more. The linoleum, destroyed and covered by wicked blue carpet, is gone. The sixties faux wood vanity with flecked formica top, way too large for the space (the bathroom door hit it every time it was opened), was dismantled and tossed out the window. The fabulous old tub is staying, but nothing more. Much work remains to be accomplished, but each step he takes toward his renovation goal is reason for celebration. So, celebrate we did, with family, cold beer and good food after an evening's work.

I've been keeping my eye on another renovation project I will share with you in the days ahead. A young couple, with whom I am acquainted, has embarked on painting their rambling frame home, embellished with great trimwork. I've been watching their progress on the project, and will share photos with you as soon as I ask them if I may share their work with the world, or at least my portion of the world. The house was painted a sort of creamish/yellow with rusty orange accents. I have seen green on part of the house, but don't know what other colors they plan to use in conjunction with it. I'll keep you posted and hopefully, have some pictures of their work soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment