Thursday, September 13, 2012

Jeni's

After a doctor's appointment in Columbus, during which the news was all good,
my brother and I found ourselves happily unoccupied in the middle of Thursday afternoon,
relieved, hungry, and in no hurry to do much of anything.
I suggested a ride down High Street to take in the sights.
We passed through the OSU campus, then on to the Short North,
where I told brother there was some great ice cream to be had.
His eyes lit up.  He has not had much to eat that tastes very good for some time now.
We were soon out of the Suburban and on our way to Jeni's.
 

Ivey and Sister Golden Hair first introduced me to Jeni's. 
They rave about the ice cream, with good reason. 
Fresh ingredients, quirky flavors, good to the very last spoonful.
 

Colorful pennants greet you as you enter the shop.
 
 
Fresh flowers, bright art, and simple furnishings grace the space.
 
 
The menu is simply written on a chalkboard.
The employees are friendly, knowledgable, and passionate about their product.
They offer samples of the ice cream on tiny white spoons,
all the while telling you about the ice cream you have chosen to sample.
 
 
After sampling a couple of flavors, brother decided on a triple serving of
Salty Caramel, Ugandan Vanilla Bean, and Black Coffee.
 
 
My choices, Mango Lassi,  the bright yellow ice cream pictured above,
and Roasted Strawberry Buttermilk.
 
 
Brother offered me a taste of, what I first thought was lime water. 
Turns out it was cucumber water - very refreshing.
 
 
 Brother and I retreated to a corner of the shop
 to enjoy our ice cream and  the sunny September afternoon.
Thanks Jeni's for making a good day just that much better.


No comments:

Post a Comment