Friday, May 16, 2014

To Market, To Market . . .



This is my beloved daylily bed, safely protected from the herd of deer which freely roam the neighborhood. Over 100 different types of daylily call this 40 foot garden home, most from McMurry Gardens, featured in a post in 2012 entitled "Gifted Hands".
As the daylilies grow and multiply, it is necessary to divide the plants to help them to retain their vigor. 


Last July, I divided 24 of my favorite and oldest varieties, and replanted the divisions in a separate garden.
It was my hope, at that time, to, one day, sell them at a Farmer's Market, 
never believing I would actually do it.


This week, with Baby Granddaughter in tow, I made my way to the office of Main Street,
local sponsor of one of the community's Farm Markets.  There, I requested an application for
the Farmer's Market.  All at once, the director asked what I intended to sell and indicated she
would spread the word in her newsletter.  Whew!  That was a quick decision.


Tonight, in the cold, soaking wet garden, I set about lifting 21 dayliles out of their garden homes.  I planted them in temporary pots, gave them a good drink of water and labeled each one.  


Tomorrow, they will make their way to the Farmer's Market, along with me, a makeshift display of sorts, and a sampling of felt fruits, vegetables, flowers and breads from the Felt Farm Market.

Dreams, be they ever so humble, do come true! 




No comments:

Post a Comment