Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Etsy Time

I've been absent from the blogging world because my nights are consumed with sewing felt food
and delving into the intricacies of setting up an Etsy shop,
a process which is proving a good deal more difficult than I had imagined. 
Never have I had so much fun. 
 
Slowly but surely, I am making progress toward my goal
of having items on the site by March 1, 2013.
 

This banner will make its appearance at the top of my Etsy Shop. 
 I created it with felt letters and samples of the food I am crafting.
Then, I took a photo of the banner in the morning sun and uploaded the photo.
 
  I am using the Farmer's Market concept as the inspiration for the shop
because I love farmers' markets.
Fresh flowers, vegetables, fruits, meats, breads, and baked goods
all rest comfortably in the shade of canopies, protected from the scalding morning sun,
sold by persons dedicated to the concepts of freshness, variety, and purity.
 
I make my way to Farmers' Markets in every city I visit.
My two favorite Farmers' Markets of all time -
Borough Market, Southwark, London
and
Williamsburg, Virginia.

Both have to be seen to be believed.
I hope to see them again sometime in my life.
 
 
 
My overstuffed basement workshop is serving as my photography studio.
You can see a felt pizza, ready to be photographed, basking in all its glory.
Note the rudimentary, yet workable backdrop of white paper,
clothespinned to the blind which hides the house's electric panel.
Talk about high-tech.
 

 
These shrimp didn't seem to mind the humble digs.
They were happy to strut their stuff.


Pizza, anyone?  Deluxe is the name of this game.
 

 
 Think homegrown tomatoes.
 

And what could be better than
 a couple of eggs, sunny side up, bacon, pancakes and a fruit garnish?
 
This is all just too much fun.  

No comments:

Post a Comment