Sunday, January 20, 2013

From a Mother's Heart

 
 

 
Happy Birthday to IVee!!!
Not too hard to guess how old he is?
 Sister Golden Hair was enlisted to aid him.
He actually planted two quick kisses on my lips today
and
 thanked me for having given birth to him.
The stuff of dreams.
 
No, No, IVee. 
The thanks are all mine.
Thank you for starting me on the most
 rewarding
 difficult
 laugh-filled
 gut-wrenching
 satisfying
frustrating
joyful
 journey of my life.
You, and your brother, Orion, have made sure there is never a dull moment.
And, just when I thought there might be a dull moment,
there was always something happening in the background about which I had not idea.
 
Thank you for your inquisitveness.
Thank you for your exuberance.
Thank you returning to the house at age 2 after having climbed out the window.
Thank you for "psych".
Thank you for working hard, pursuing your dreams, and achieving them.
 
Thank you for being you.
Happy Birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment