Saturday, April 25, 2015

Clintonville Farmer's Market 2

Better Half and I happened upon the Clintonvlle Farmer's Market
this morning, three years less one week from the first time we visited.
Opening day found people bundled up against temperatures in the 40s and
sprinkles of rain. Baked goods, beddings plants, herbs, meats, baskets, cheeses,
and flowers were offered by vendors lining the sidewalks and streets of the downtown.


Spirits were high, the music was magical, and square dance lessons were being offered.
A kind gentleman standing next to me must have noticed my tapping foot
and asked me if I would like to try the dance.
After shooting a quick glance Better Half's way, I decided against
stepping out into the street with a complete stranger to stumble around
with the other brave souls trying to master the complicated set of movements.


This fabulous willow basket was, by far, the most beautiful thing at the market.


As we did three years ago, Better Half and I bought ramps and homemade bread.
Ramps are an onion/garlic type spring crop, from the alium family, grown for their unique flavor.
They are available from late April to May.
 They will be on tomorrow's breakfast menu, along with the bread.
See Ramps post from May, 2012.


Dan the Baker created this stunning loaf of sesame bread.  Just look at the remarkable texture.  It tasted every bit as good as it looked. 

I was most interested in observing how the vendors set up their wares and displays.  Always looking for good ideas.  The Main Street Farmer's Market debuts in my town on May 16.  
Hope to see you there!






No comments:

Post a Comment