Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Butterfly Garden II














Here are some photos I took in the Butterfly Garden at the Children's Learning Center yesterday morning. The photos were taken after I finished weeding (of course). I'm happy to report all the plants and flowers are thriving since I planted them several weeks ago. They are being watered regularly by staff members. The butterfly weed (asclepias), third photo from the top, is my favorite plant in the garden. It was blooming when I bought it and it continues to have bright orangish-yellow blooms. It's long and lanky with dependably green foliage. It's a real winner!
I hope to have the garden finished by mid-August. There are stepping stones left to be placed, a tic-tac-toe game to finish, and some late summer blooming plants to get in the ground. I hope to find a small piece of sculpture to further enliven the space. So far, I'm very happy with the result and, apparently, so are the children for whom the space was created.

2 comments:

  1. Barb

    I just finished reading all of your posts. I LOVE your blog!! I love the way your write...don't give up on writing a book someday! I would definitley read it!!!

    Later
    Vickieky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Vickie. Your generous words made my day. Barb

    ReplyDelete