Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Painted Lady




This is the house painting project I have been following this summer. The house is owned by a young couple. They have a beautiful young daughter. The couple is painting the home themselves. For the past several weeks, they haven't made a lot of progress. Who could blame them? It's been "hot as blazes"! And, after an abbreviated dry spell, it has started to rain, and I mean great big flooding rain, yet again.

The old colors are the barn red and goldish orange. The new colors, taken from a historic palette, are olive green, dark green, purple, and, I think, creamy yellow. They weren't sure about the creamy yellow when I last talked with them, but I think I am seeing touches of it now. I absolutely love the purple.

As they make progress on their home, I will take more photos to share with you.











No comments:

Post a Comment