Friday, March 9, 2012

Home Alone

Tonight was to have been so cutting edge fun! I was home alone!  Free to indulge in food I love, TV that has nothing to do with cars or building big things, and blissful solitude. I planned to take photos, cook, dance around the kitchen if the urge so struck me, and play pinterest, to my heart's content.

Better Half is out on the riverbank somewhere, ensconced in a camp cottage, feasting on cold cuts, playing cards, smoking cigars and doing all things "guy". 

Quite deliriously, I headed to the grocery after work to purchase flowers, and GOOD FOOD - ciabatta, steak, bleu cheese, arugula, and onion.  I was so feeling a grilled steak panini, complete with perfect grill marks and a smooth buttery Chardonnay.  I had hoped to capture the evening in photos to share with you.

No ciabatta?  No problem, whole grain artisanal bread.  No flowers, save some sad -looking roses?  No problem, baby pink blooming branches will do just fine. 

Nothing was going to stand in the way of an evening full of creative endeavor.  Except . . . except when my camera, my very best friend in the world as of late, decided to go stark, undeniably dead. 

While words alone have the power to convey images, I believe that, when accompanied by photos, words seem to jump right off the page.  Words are brought to life by photos, if you will. But, not in this household, not right away, not tonight.  When the camera has sufficiently re-charged itself, we'll be back in business.

So, with a pizza at my side, and the BigTen Basketball Tournament droning quietly in the background, I am going to share with you some photos I took last weekend when the creeks were running full and clear.

The grilled steak panini will have to wait.  The blooms I hoped to photograph are stunning and will continue to be so tomorrow.  Here's to hoping Better Half will be up to panini, Chardonnay, pink blossoms, and dancing in the kitchen tomorrow evening. 







Have a fabulous Saturday, doing things that make your heart sing!

No comments:

Post a Comment