Saturday, March 24, 2012

March Showers Bring April Flowers . . . ?

OK.  So, I've got the saying wrong. I know quite well that April showers bring May flowers.  But, this year, the March showers are bringing the April flowers, which, in some cases, are already here.


Semantics aside, while I worked in the yard this afternoon, it began to rain.  Not a big washout rain, just a tender spring rain, decorating the emerging blooms with its droplets.


Time for a break from work.  Time to grab the umbrella and the camera.  Time to pad around the yard in the freshly mowed grass to work on my photography skills.

This whole photography thing is a journey for me.  It is kind of frightening to venture into unknown territory.  To this point, I have been a point-and-shoot automatic kind of girl.  I have been afraid of twirling the dial on my camera to points unknown.  And I remain in awe of Photoshop. 


However, there is is no time like the present, and absolutely no better than time than a dewy spring Saturday to begin the journey.  I hope you will enjoy my novice photos.  I had so much fun taking them.

Isn't incredible how the rain seems to bounce off the water?  I've never phtographed anything like that before.

But, now, for my favorites:











Here's to March showers and the glory of spring.  And . . . here's to March Madness and the glory of the Buckeyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment