Monday, April 9, 2012

Be Still My Heart!

The box I've been waiting for has finally arrived.



I think we should have a look at the contents together. 


How big?  Ssssooooooo Big!

 

Teamed with a pair of light green leggings . . . all in cotton as soft as a baby's skin.



Perfectly tied satin ribbon. . .


Displayed on a careworn quilt.


The tiniest, pinkest, softest leather shoes for perfect little baby feet . . .


An orange and lavender floral romper . . .


 Embellished with smocking and tiny lavender and orange florettes . . .
 

Tied at the shoulders with lavender ties . . .


On the same careworn quilt.

Baby clothes brought to you by Zulily.  Visit and buy, you will be thoroughly delighted. 

The baby quilt covered both my boys as babies.  I haven't seen it for years.  Only when I tore into the box from Zulily did it come to mind. So, I went racing to the attic to search for it.


This mother and soon-to-be-grandmother's heart is filled to overflowing tonight.  The memories are tender and sweet.  The moments to come - the stuff of dreams, all over again.   I can't imagine how it will feel to hold a new baby again - the baby girl of my son and daughter. 

Gosh, I hope Orion and The One don't happen to read this post.  If they do, they won't be very surprised by the goodies I have for Baby Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment