Friday, April 13, 2012

Cool Pix Lunch

Earlier this week, I escaped my university confines for a lunch walk-about with my trusty Cool Pix in hand.  Off toward the west I walked.  It's kind of like being on a treasure hunt, looking for beauty in unexpected places.

Heady wisteria was blooming already. It doesn't mind its cinder block wall neighbor and the busy street on which it makes its home.  It smelled heavenly.


It looks like these folks are preparing for the upcoming gardening season, though there was not an inch of garden soil anywhere to be seen.  
It's probably been a good many years since this sign beckoned any patrons, though, through the open door I could see people at the bar.  Seems it does it job after all, in its faded glory.


On to the river. I like the reflection of the trees in the muddy spring water. I'd like to be sitting there fishing.


Around the point, to the park, to pause beneath this luscious canopy. Refreshed and inspired, it's time to turn back toward campus.
One last photo before returning to work.  Love those spindly legs.



Back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment