Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Updates

1.  Sadly, my office mates and I did not win the half billion dollars.  I believe the total take from 140 tickets was $12.00. 

2.  The ragged old fence is still standing, well sort of.  Cedar pickets are piled on the back porch waiting to be cut to length.  Now that the weather has returned to typical, it's just too cold to build a fence.  Also, if you can think of anything for which I can use the old weathered pickets, please leave me a comment.  I can barely stand the thought of discarding them. 

3.  The deer fence is working.  The daylilies are over a foot tall.  The smelly deer spray is apparently working too.  The hosta are coming along nicely around the North Forty.  I remain ever vigilant. 


4.  No activity to speak of from the blue jay nest.  Mama blue jay continues to perch on the nest, while Daddy blue jay comes and goes with food, giving Mama solicitous screeches of encouragement.


5.  Had another nice trot at the farm with  Better Half, Orion and The One on Easter Sunday.  This time they brought along Zoe, the dog.  Frisbee is her game.  She did really well keeping up with us on her short little legs.  Orion carried her when we were close to the steep river bank.  None of us relished the idea of jumping in the cold water to fetch her out should she slip down the bank.


I think IVee and Sister Golden Hair (IVee's significant other) were feeling a little left out of all the fun.  This evening, they asked me to join them on a 5K walk, held bi-annually at the university where I work, which is also the university where Sister Golden Hair is a student, which is also the university where IVee teaches part-time.  So, next week we'll be having a nice brisk walk together.  I'm looking forward to it.



No comments:

Post a Comment