Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Girls 4 - Boys 3

And now . . there will be four. 

IVee and Sister Golden Hair are going to be married. 

Just two days after our memorable evening walk along the river a couple weeks ago, IVee asked Sister Golden Hair to be his wife.

She said yes.

Jubilation, though blurred, reigned on the North Forty.

For 26 years, it was always the three boys and me. It was grand, boisterous, and all I really knew.

A couple of years ago, The One happened upon the scene.  She and Orion fell in love, almost effortlessly, it seemed.  They married last July.

And, then, there were two.

In the fall, they announced they were having a baby.

Early this spring, as you already know, I stood in the room on the day Orion and The One learned they were having a baby girl. 

And, then, there were three.

Now, in the blink of an eye, there will be four.

Life is moving along at an incredibly feminine pace.

I like it.  

I think I like it best for the joy it has given my boys.

Thanks, girls. 

I suspect the next 26 years will be just as grand and boisterous as the first 26, though decidedly more "pink".

Score - Girls 4, Boys 3.  Love that score.




No comments:

Post a Comment