Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sunday Mornings

My yardwork weary body is on its way to bed.  This weekend has been full of all-out physical work on the North Forty.

There are two things I must share with you, however, before I toddle off to bed:

1.  I love Sunday mornings - for the sunlight coming over hill, for the time to enjoy the sunlight coming over the hill, and for leisurely breakfasts on the back porch watching the sunlight come over the hill.

2.  The ramps Better Half and I bought at the Farmer's Market yesterday will never become a staple on the North Forty.  I sliced them into rounds to add to the potatoes.  I popped a slice into my mouth.  My exact words were, "Uhh, Ohhhh!"  The taste is raw and strong.  Onions, though flavorful, are no match for ramps.  I hoped cooking would mellow the flavor.  It didn't.  The fried potatoes took on the flavor of the ramps.  Suffice it to say, a little ramps goes a long way. 















No comments:

Post a Comment