Monday, May 14, 2012

A Good Place, No, A Great Place


Love, is, without a doubt, the most powerful emotion on the face of this earth.  So, you say, you can do better than that.  But, I can't do better than that.  Love, in the multitude of ways in which it manifests itself, is - the all, the it, and the everything. 


As I stood hugging my mother this evening before saying good-bye, I told her how much I loved her.  Her shoulders shook beneath mine, and our tears flowed.  She is my light.  She, on a bad day, is better than I will ever be on my best day.  I love you, Mom.  You are the best, and I mean, the very best. 
   
 

Better Half surprised me this weekend.  He took on a project I know he could not have enjoyed.  But, he did, he survived it, and I will hear about it for the next millenium or so.  Just when I think I have him finally figured out, he changes it up.  Thanks, Better Half.   Your support means a great deal.


And, then, there are my boys, and my girls, all almost three of them.   As these boys take on the mantle of manhood and create families of their own, I observe with pleasaure.  Actually, I stand in amazement.  The boys are warm, loving, caring, funny, happy people.  The women who have hitched their hearts to theirs are equally incredible.   Thanks, boys and girls, for being the "apples of my eye".   I hope each of you knows how very much I love you.


This Mother's Day I am surrounded by love.  I am humbled.  I am grateful.  I  am happy.  I will never take the abundance of this life for granted. 

It is a thrill to reside in such a good place, no, such a great place. 

I am hopeful each of you has had a Happy Mother's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment